bushcraft skills (3 Days)
Cost: $430 per person. 8 person max. 3 person minimum to run course. Food provided
Dates: No current dates
Location: Los Coyotes Indian Reservation, San Diego, California Address: 2300 Camino San Ignacio, Warner Springs, CA 92086. We meet at the guard hut located at the main entrance gate at 9am. We finish around 2pm on day 3. Do you have a transport problem or paying in one transaction? Contact us about our free shuttle service from San Diego or for other payment options.
Bushcraft is an advanced level of wilderness survival skills. Instead of trying to function until rescued you will learn how to be comfortable in the bush for longer term bush living. On this 3 day course we teach you to work more with the land by using the natural resources at hand and therefore relying less on man made gear. Knowledge is much lighter to carry than gear!
This is a skills course therefore no suffering needed...Bring all the camping gear you desire and get ready for some hefty campfire meals prepared each night cooked using traditional and primitive methods. No previous outdoor experience required, families with kids welcome!
- Construct a long term survival shelter
- Tools of the trade: Learn about knives, multi-tools, machetes, axes, and saws
- Knife skills: learn to safely and effectively cut, carve, split, baton, and chop wood
- Knife sharpening tools and techniques
- Animal tracks and sign
- Rope making from plants
- Learn to identify common trees in South West USA and their uses for food, construction, medicine, and fire-making
- Learn important knots and lashings
- Make a primitive trap for small game
- Primitive fire making: Learn the bow drill and hand drill friction fire methods
- Craft containers and utensils
- Ancient rock boiling to purify water
- Make natural glue for bonding, hafting, and fire lighting
- Harvest and eat wild plants (depending on season)
- Build a smoking rack and make beef jerky
- Campfire cooking techniques: Ancient ash cooking, bake on coals, fire roasting, and dutch oven cooking
What to Bring:
On this course we drive into our bush survival camp, therefore you have no restrictions on the type of gear you bring. If you own a 4x4 vehicle then you have the option to bring it along and get some dirt time, if not then we will give you a ride!
- A fixed blade Knife with minimum blade length of 4" and a folding saw. Machetes, axes, and any other cutting tools are all welcome
- Water bottle
- Headlamp, Gloves (optional), Camera, Notepad, Pen
- Warm clothing layers and hat for time of year and terrain
- Day Pack
- Camping gear
- Any other survival/camping items you desire
- Food is provided however if you want to bring anything specific to cook or eat then feel free
Payment required in full to secure dates and availability. Refund of fees are available if notified more than 14 days in advance of course start date. There will be a 3% fee withheld from refund to cover payment/transfer costs. If you cancel within 14 days of scheduled date of training no refund will be provided, however we can provide you with a credit applicable for the same course at a different date. Due to minimum class size requirements we might need to cancel a course, if so we will provide a full refund or offer an alternative course date